Rotary Club of Middlesbrough Erimus Trust Fund
Document no 16/1
The Rotary Club of Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club proposes to organise an area wide raffle in support of the South Cleveland Heart Fund and its Cardiac MRI Scanner Appeal for James Cook University Hospital. Terms and conditions are listed below:
- All profits from the Loving Hearts Scanner Appeal Raffle will be donated to the South Cleveland Heart Fund (Registered Charity 1051565) in support of its £500k Cardiac MRI Scanner Appeal for the James Cook University Hospital.
- The Lottery Manager is Mr Michael William Robson, of Marbury House, Bromley Lane, Newby, Middlesbrough, TS8 0AE, Tel. 07872840145. Mr Robson is a full member of Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club.
- The raffle will be based on the sale of tickets at a cost of £1.00 each, packaged in books of five.
- Raffle tickets will be sold through Rotary Clubs located within the James Cook University Hospital Cardiothoracic Unit catchment area.
- Each Rotary Club that agrees to assist with ticket sales will be required to nominate one member from their club who will act as liaison officer with overall responsibility for the administration of ticket sales within the club and with ultimate responsibility to the Lottery Manager. Day to day dealings will be reported to the Administration Manager.
- The members of Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club and the liaison officers described in paragraph 5 above will be required to attend a briefing meeting at Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club on 3rd March 2015 to receive a comprehensive outline of the rules of the lottery and his/her responsibilities.
- Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club will appoint an administration officer, responsible to the Lottery Manager, who will manage the distribution of tickets for sale, monitor the return of ticket stubs and unsold tickets and reconcile these against monies received.
- Launch date for the raffle will be Friday March 13th. Ticket sales will end on Sunday June 7th 2015.
- It will be the choice of the ticket purchaser whether or not to fill in the ticket stub at the time of purchase.
- The Gambling Act 2005 requires that no tickets are sold to any person under the age of 16. Ticket sellers will be instructed to ask for proof of age where there is any doubt that the prospective purchaser is over 16. If such proof is not given the ticket sale will be refused. We reserve the right to refuse ticket sales to any individual without the need to give a reason for such refusal.
- Members of Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club and their immediate family members will not be allowed to purchase tickets.
- The winning tickets will be drawn at an event to be held in the Thistle Hotel in Middlesbrough on the evening of Saturday June 20th 2015.
- Winning ticket numbers will be published on the Middlesbrough Erimus Rotary Club website, www.erimusrotary.org and in the local press. A list of winning ticket numbers will be sent to any interested party on request to the Lottery Manager.
- The Rotary Club of Middlesbrough Erimus and its members cannot accept any liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post or email.
- The Rotary Club of Middlesbrough Erimus Trust undertakes to make a contribution from the proceeds of the raffle towards the Responsible Gambling Trust www.responsiblegambling.co.uk an organisation which raises funds to assist with problem gambling. We are aware of the potential of problem gambling. Practical help to problem gamblers is offered by GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk and further support is available by reference to the gambleaware website www.gambleaware.co.uk
- All complaints and disputes will be dealt with, in the first instance, by the Lottery Manager. In the event that a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved it will be referred to arbitration. The arbitrator will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS)
The Rotary Club of Middlesbrough Erimus Trust Fund – Registered Charity 1054338
South Cleveland Heart Fund – Registered Charity 1051565
Licensed by the Gambling Commission – Licence number 000-040948-N-320373-001